Sometimes, lunch can be a real hassle. Here is a tasty, simple but quick recipe, and one that can be made the night before and stored in the fridge until the next morning. This salad is packed with antioxidants, potassium, iron, magnesium, vitamin B and vitamin C AND it's low in calories and high in fibre.
• 1 tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil for taste and texture
• 3-6 sprays of 1cal oil spray (for bacon if preferred choice)
• 30g Feta cheese crumbled or cut diced (crumbled seems to go further..)
• 1/2 can chick peas
• 30g hand crushed Walnuts (or roasted pine nuts)
• x 3 rasher of preferred non-streaky (least fatty) bacon
• 1 Large bag washed spinach (baby spinach if preferred)
Grill bacon until cooked to preference (preferably until as much of the fat has been lost) and dice into 1cm pieces. Place spinach in a bowl/ pot and sprinkle on the bacon, diced feta cheese and crushed nuts and finally add the chick peas
Mix the dressing ingredients and put in the fridge to mix over night, this can be placed over the salad when ready to eat (optional)
If using pine nuts, a good tip is to roast them first as this will take away some of the oily' ness and give the nuts some crunch and flavoursome depth.
TIP: Feta cheese is more flavourful if allowed to be at room temperature.