Here is a really simple, quick, tasty but very effective recipe. This smoothie is packed with all the goodness you need as part of a healthy, nutritious and sustainable breakfast or as a post workout protein replacement/snack.
• 5 fl oz orange juice concentrate
• 3/4 cup milk (or more to suit if smoothie is too thick)
• 2 scoops of protein powder (flavour according to smoothie and preference, I chose vanilla or strawberry)
• 1 cup frozen mixed berries
• 1/2 tablespoon ground flax seeds (on preference)
• 1 tablespoon ground oats
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (the paste is a great source)
• ½-1 teaspoons dried peppermint
Put everything in the blender and blend until smooth. You may have to add a little more milk to make it blend if it's too thick.
Makes 2 larger or 4 small servings (this can be frozen!)..